Friday, February 26, 2010

Yes, I am finally back to my blog! Bet you thought that I'd never come back, huh?

Not sure where it has come from, but I am back making jewelry with a vengeance and enjoying every second of it. I'm making some major changes in my life right now, so maybe that has something to do with it. Whatever the reason, I am back to my jewelry and letting my creativity run rampant.

Want to see some new designs? Head over to my artfire account and see all the new pieces that I've posted for sale. Here's a sneak peak...




This is a Friendly Plastic cuff, made using alcohol inks and antique brass pieces. I adore the art deco feel of this piece, the dragonfly is amazing! This is one of my favorite cuffs so far. I'm gonna hate to part with it but someone needs to give this one a home and love it as much as I do.

Been trying some different finishing techniques with the cuff. I love Jana Ewy's hint on using the resin while the piece is still flat (see her article in the latest Belle Armoire Jewelry issue) - it works great with the ID bracelet pieces. I keep getting the resin too thick on the cuffs (because I love the look of the thick resin) but it makes it hard to get a good smooth bend. And the thicker the resin, the stiffer the bracelet ends up and its hard to get on and off. I need to find a happy medium in there! Next batch I will try the flat resin technique again but not make the resin quite so thick!

Want to see my ID bracelets too? Here's a sneak peek at one..


Jana, thanks so much for the idea on these! I love them and everyone that I've showed them to loves them too! I 'assembly line' the work so it seems to take forever to make them, but once the process is done I have more than a dozen ready to go at once.
I promise I will be back here more often...now that I am excited about jewelry again. I have a few more pieces to upload to Artfire and then I'm be putting some up on Etsy as well, but I haven't finished creating my store there yet - but soon!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm sharing this on the AMACO Facebook (Amaco Crafts) and Twitter (@amacocrafts) sites. Thanks for using Friendly Plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work.It's very nice bracelet.I really like it.I am crazy about for stylish bracelet.

    Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! very light and delicate... Those are really nice and quite creative!

    Promotional Codes

    ReplyDelete